5 Techniques to Reduce Cooling Cost in Your Workspace
When the temperature starts busting a high degree mark, it makes you feel like swimming through a bowl of soup. This only gets in the way of getting your job done or boosting the productivity in your workspace. This and more, we never really run out of reasons to turn our air conditioners on.
Don’t worry, there are ways to keep your bills low, saving that dollar in a jar.
1. Keep the AC lower or turn it off when the day shift almost end. By this time, you don’t require the same level of conscious cool as you do in the mid-day. Try turning your AC down just so it could run less. If your unit has one, utilize the “sleep mode” which lowers the output on a timer.
2. Rearrange the office furniture. Furniture that obstructs air conditioning vents means you could be cooling the back of a chair or the bottom side of your sofa and although it might appreciate the thought, we’re pretty sure you’d rather have that chill for yourself instead. There are plastic pieces you can buy for your vents to help force air in the right direction, but the easiest way is to just rearrange your everything to make the coolness work out.
3. Lighting: Choosing the perfect lights that doesn’t use too much heat filament or doesn’t use heat filament at all is nothing but practical for your running AC, but paying attention to how much light you let in from open windows can also play a significant role. Although it might seem neurotic to close and open the blinders every day with the changing of the sun, it makes a huge difference in how much heat your AC is competing against.
4. Don’t Forget The Fan: We rely on air conditioners to keep things cool, but having the help of a few supplemental fans doesn’t hurt. Using them to circulate the cool air means you don’t need quite as much pumped into the room. They use less energy than your air conditioner unit, so having them around as backup is a great idea.
5. Call the air conditioner experts. Have your air conditioning unit serviced only by the professionals as some basic maintenance services is all that your it needs to function 95% of ts original efficiency.
You workspace benefits greatly from a good hosing out, especially if you’re plagued with grimes sticking to the filters that make the unit work harder in dusty environment by the road. Well, in this case, you know who to call!
Do you have any other tip to add? Let us know below!